A few days ago, iA Writer for iOS updated to version 5, making it a more robust writing app than ever. Here’s a rundown of what’s new (with the most important ones bolded):
- Quick Search: This awesome feature lets you find files and perform actions — Open, Export, Browse Versions, etc — directly from the on-screen keyboard (it’s the magnifying glass on the left end). Type “Help” and it’ll show you a list of all possible functions.
- Custom Commands: Tap the
⌘button on the right end of the keyboard toolbar and it’ll trade the QWERTY keyboard for a grid of custom command keys. Give any one of them a long tap to move it or swap it for a different command.
- Favorite Folders: Keep your most-used folders at the top level of the Library for easy access.
- Smart Folders: Craft your own folders based on various rules, sort of like saved search results.
- Library Edit Mode: Select multiple files and folders at a time to be moved, renamed or deleted.
- iPhone X ready
- Improved URL schemes
- 3D Touch in Library
- GitHub template added to defaults
- TeX Math support in all templates
- Smart tables
And of course, all the features users have come to love are still there, such as Focus Mode and WordPress/Medium publishing.
If you don’t already own iA Writer, it’s just $5 on the iOS App Store.