1. If you’ve ever been to a grocery store, you’ve probably eaten these cookies at least a few times.
You know, the super soft sugar cookies topped with like an inch of frosting.
2. On Sunday, The Great Grocery Store Cookie War of 2017 commenced with the tweet heard ‘round the world:
its that time of year again when stores sell these bottom of the barrel, flavorless piece of shit things they have… https://t.co/bZMJJmasLx
Taylor Haugen, a 21-year-old from Wisconsin, called the cookies “bottom of the barrel, flavorless piece of shit things they have the nerve to call cookies.”
3. People could not believe the DISRESPECT.
7. Many defended them as “the best damn cookies in the world” and “God’s gift to us.”
I feel personally attacked, these are my #1, fav. cookies. The mother of all cookies https://t.co/b34dtQaNYB
10. It got pretty out of hand.
You and everybody who retweeted this gotta delete this app and never come back. https://t.co/vlyo8pjSno
I don’t think I’ve ever felt more personally attacked in my entire life https://t.co/3qpEvLeTdC
FIRST OF ALL, BITCH, they sell these year-round. Secondly, these are a delicacy and should be treated as such. https://t.co/ydO2oSYIkz
14. Though a few had to agree with Haugen.
THESE LOWLIFE ASS, CRUMBLING AS SOON AS YOU PICK IT UP ASS, CRUMBLING TO DUST IF YOU BREATHE ON IT ASS, COOKIES https://t.co/wPJ8gU02z3
these stale ass dusty ass cardboard ass cookies r made straight from hell. these hoes should be illegal https://t.co/WFlalWHztD
If these were the last edible thing on Earth, I would willingly die of starvation https://t.co/44gxLj7miY
18. Haugen told BuzzFeed News she “wasn’t planning on causing WWIII,” but she’s sticking by her beliefs.
“I will never change my opinion on them,” she said. “Though I don’t think I’ll voice my opinions on other baked goods anymore.”
Julia Reinstein is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Are These Thumbnails Okay?